Friday May 20th 2011
MFL Division 5 final
Blackfort Gaels 3-11, Moynalty 2-7.
Half time Blackfort Gaels 1-5, Moynalty 1-4.
Played in Pairc Tailteann

The St. Michaels / Kilmainhamwood combination of Blackfort Gaels made it across the line in this highly entertaining division 5 minor final played in Pairc Tailteann on Friday evening last.
Moynalty were first on the score board and had 0-3 registered before Blackfort Gaels, playing with the aid of a strong wind in the first half got off the mark with a point from Michael Murphy in the 14th minute, further points from Michael Murphy and Jamie Farrelly levelled the match at 0-3 apiece on 20 minutes. The first of 3 goals from Ross O’Shea came in the 23rd minute and points from Jamie Farrelly and Peter O’Connell put Blackfort 1-5 to 0-3 up with 27 minutes played, Moynalty however having being scoreless for 15 minutes came back to life and added 1-1 in a 5 minute spell to leave just one score between the sides at the interval 1-5 to 1-4 in favour of Blackfort Gaels.
Straight from the throw in the ball found its way to Ross O’Shea who duly struck it into the back of the net for his and Blackfort Gaels second goal, Moynalty replied with a point, but points from Michael Murphy 0-2, Jamie Farrelly 0-1, and Ross O’Shea 0-1 stretched Blackfort’s lead to 6 points after 47 minutes of play, Moynalty rallied and reduced the deficit to just 2 points on 51 minutes but a great individual point from man of the match contender Thomas McGrath steadied the ship for Blackfort and with Pauric Carolan, Daniel Murphy, Sam Briody, Stephen O’Brien and Gary Dolan in full control in the Blackfort Gaels defence Moynalty failed to register a score for the final 10 minutes as Ross O’Shea 1-0 and Ronan Lynch 0-1 completed the scoring for the winners.

Pauric Carolan, Sam Briody, Daniel Murphy, Stephen O’Brien, Jamie Reilly, Gary Dolan, Paul McCormack, Ronan Lynch, Thomas McGrath 0-1, Jamie Farrelly 0-3, Peter O’Connell 0-1, Michael Murphy 0-4, Ross O’Shea 3-1.

SUBS…Jordan Moran for Peter O’Connell, Brian Allen for Ronan Lynch, Darren Owens for Ross O’Shea.
Pascal Reilly, PRO St. Michaels.




U-17 Division 5 Final ( 13 a-side ).
St. Michaels 3-14, Moynalty
Played in Drumconrath November 20th 2011.

Ronan Lynch accounted for 2-3 of his sides total in this U-17 final played in sunny Drumconrath on Sunday morning last. In a very evenly contested first 30 minutes St. Michaels went in at the break with a slim one point lead 1-7 to 1-6.
Jordan Moran was first on the score-sheet for the winners with a point after 9 minutes of play, Moynalty had opened their account in the second minute and went 1-2 to 0-1 ahead at the end of the first quarter. A point apiece from Oran Meehan and Gary Dolan reduced the deficit and when Peter O’Connell was brought down in the square on 19 minutes he made no mistake

with the resultant penalty to put St. Michaels one point to the good. Moynalty levelled matters one minute later but a point apiece from Lynch & Meehan put St. Michaels back in front, Moynalty pegged the lead back to one point with two minutes of the half remaining and they both added two more points apiece before the referee blew the half time whistle.
Ronan Lynch set his team up for a great second half performance when he bagged 1-1 in the opening two minutes of the second half, Moynalty replied with a point on 35 minutes but they failed to score again until the 55th minute by which stage St. Michaels were out of sight leading by 3-13 to 1-8, Lynch having got his second goal on 42 minutes.  O’Connell added two second half points with Meehan adding 0-3 and Jamie Reilly completing the scoring with a point on 57 minutes.Others to impress for the winners were Christopher Drew, Daniel Murphy, Matthew Halpin Jordan Moran & Gard Dolan.

St. Michaels team & scorers:
Aaron Kernan, Daniel Murphy, Christopher Drew, Luke Moran, Matthew Halpin, John O’Brien, Jordan Moran 0-1, Jamie Reilly 0-1, Gary Dolan 0-1, Peter O’Connell 1-3, Oran Meehan 0-5, Ronan Lynch 2-3, Bobby Farrell.
Lee Morris for Bobby Farrell, Mickey Dunne for Chris Drew, Thomas O’Brien for Ronan Lynch, Adam O’Brien for Gary Dolan
Report & photos by Pascal Reilly.



This slideshow requires JavaScript.

2012 U-21 ‘B’ FC FINAL.


Dunderry edged out in thriller
St. Michaels 0-14, Dunderry 1-10.
Report by Jimmy Geoghegan from the Meath Chronicle dated December 1st 2012.

PERSISTANCE, stubbornness, wholehearted endeavour, tenacity. Call it what you will, the ability of any team to stay in a game when everything appears to be conspiring against them is an admirable quality. It was certainly a quality that helped St. Michaels win the U-21 B FC final at Martry on Saturday. This was a game that finished in a cauldron of excitement and emotion with Jamie Farrelly’s point with three minutes to go proving enough to separate the sides.
Dunderry had a couple of opportunities to snatch a draw in the closing stages. They were stymied by the wrong pass, a player slipping at a crucial moment or some stubborn St. Michaels defending. For most of this game St. Michaels trailed yet when it mattered most they were the team in front – and how the players, mentors and supporters enjoyed the moment. A relatively small rural club St. Michaels don’t win all that many trophies and when they do they savour the occasion and why not. They had to dig deep to win this one.
“This is a very young team, most of them are eligible for this grade next year and they just don’t know when to give up and they certainly showed that today”, St. Michaels manager Tom Halpin told the Meath Chronicle. His side were behind throughout the first half and trailed by 0-7 to 1-6 at the interval. With 12 minutes on the clock St. Michaels drew level for the first time, 0-10, to 1-7.
The game, subsequently ebbed and flowed, Dunderry taking the lead through Paddy Kennelly, St. Michaels replying with points from Ronan Lynch and David Lynch, Dunderry hitting back with two quick fire points from Stephen Coogan. The pacey Ronan Lynch equalised again for St. Michaels soon after and the outcome hung in the balance with supporters from both sides becoming increasingly agitated.
Then St. Michaels Jamie Reilly took a break from his defensive duties, powered up-field with the ball before off-loading to Farrelly, who was one of his teams best players, made a telling contribution by taking aim and firing between the posts for what proved to be the winning score. It was hectic stuff.
David Lynch also made a huge to the victory with four superb points from play while Ronan Lynch accumulated five points from frees. Gary Dolan and Kevin Cassidy were others to contribute points to St. Michaels battling display.
Dunderry players and mentors were crestfallen at the end. In county minor player Kennelly and Stephen Coogan they had a lethal forward combination who between them contributed 1-9. Perhaps they relied too much on the deadly duo.
Dunderry, who had Darren Fay as one of their selectors, were particularly impressive in the opening half. They scored their goal after eight minutes, Alan Garry won a kick-out in midfield, strode forward before off-loading to Kennelly who finished brilliantly.
Dunderry dominated possession for lengthy spells yet they registered 12 wides to just five for St. Michaels.
The missed chances were to prove costly as tenacious St. Michaels claimed the silverware.

St. Michaels:
Dean Moran, Jamie Reilly, John Stafford, Gary Dolan 0-1, Paddy Clarke, Ollie Reilly, J. Moran, David Lynch 0-5, Sam Briody, Jamie Farrelly 0-2, Michael Murphy, Kevin Cassidy 0-1, Ronan Lynch 0-5 frees,
Subs: Brian Allen for Ollie Reilly 16 min. Daniel Murphy for Allen 51 min.

K. Patterson, E. Dempsey, S. Carty, J.P. Kennelly, A. Garry, C. O’Shea, K. Minogue 0-1, L. Dempsey, S. Maguire, C. Farrell, C. Daly, P. Kennelly 1-4 one free, S. Coogan 0-5 two frees.
Subs: B. Wright for Maguire 39 min. J. Martyn for Daly 41 min.
Referee: Patrick Coyle, Curraha.


Click on photo to enlarge
All photos by and copyright of Pascal Reilly



 Saturday June 22nd 2013
2013 MFL Division 3 Final
Full time: St. Michaels 2-12, Na Fianna 1-2,
Half time: St. Michaels 1-07, Na Fianna 0-2

St. Michaels claimed the MFL Division 3 title with a thoroughly merited victory against na Fianna in a well-contested and sometimes robust decider at Páirc Táilteann on Saturday evening.
Wind-assisted st Michaels enjoyed a comfortable opening half and made the early running with six points from Ronan Lynch (three frees) and one from Jordan Moran.
Peter O’Connell was a hugely influential figure for St Michaels and proved a real handful for Na Fianna centre-back Evan Mullally who later turned out for the club in the SHC first round against Navan O’Mahonys in Athboy.
O’Connell found the net for St Michaels in the 26th minute when he ghosted into the square and fisted Lynch’s centre to the net.
Na Fianna paltry first-half tally comprised early points from Ben Cauldwell and Anthony Neary (‘45’).
St. Michaels almost finished the half with a second goal, but Na Fianna ’keeper Jonathan McCluskey was very brave and saved at the feet of Lee Morris.
At the other end Sean Ryan was denied a goal for na Fianna by the post as the St. Michaels rearguard dozed, but the Carlanstown/Kilbeg side were ahead by 1-7 to 0-2 at the interval.
Na Fianna worked their way back into contention after the resumption and by the three quarter stage had reduced the deficit to the (0-7 to 1-8) with points from Paul Kennedy, Neary (‘45’), Evan Henrick, Ryan and Cauldwell (free).
Substitute Peter Slevin finished to the net following a period of sustained Na Fianna pressure which reduced the deficit to the minimum (1-7 to 1-8), but the Baconstown / Enfield side were unable to build on that and St. Michaels regained their composure and took control.
O’Connell, who pointed a minute into the second-half, sent over a timely brace before Lynch embarked on a solo raid for St. Michaels with five minutes remaining and found Jordan Moran who picked his spot and finished to the net. That gave St. Michaels a 2-10 to 1-7 cushion and sealed victory.
Moran missed an easier goal chance soon after, but it was a luxury St. Michaels could afford while Ryan was thwarted at the other end before Neary closed Na Fianna’s account.
St. Michaels added late points from Lynch and substitute Luke Kearney.

St. Michaels team & scorers:
Aaron Kernan; Christopher Drew, Daniel Murphy, Adam O’Brien; Thomas O’Brien, Matthew Halpin, Ben Tobin; Jordan Moran (1-1), Jamie Reilly; Oran Meehan, Peter O’Connell (1-3), Stephen Dolan; Michael Dunne, Lee Morris, Ronan Lynch (0-7 three frees).
Subs – Ray Reilly for Meehan 56 mins, Luke Kearney (0-1) for Dolan 57m, Al Reilly for Tobin 59m.
Na Fianna team & scorers:
Jonathan McCloskey; Eoin Downey, Noel O’Sullivan, James Geoghegan; Paul Kennedy (0-1), Evan Mullally, Ciaran Gilna; Evan Henrick (0-1), Mark Slevin; Ben Cauldwell (0-2 frees), Alan Gillespie, Sean Ryan (0-1); Patrick McCarthy, Anthony Neary (0-3 two ‘45s’), Joshua Devine. Subs – Peter Slevin (1-0) for McCarthy half-time, Cian Slattery for Devine 57 mins, Glen McDonnell for Ryan 59,
Referee – Pat Clarke (Seneschalstown).



Friday September 5th 2014
‘B’ FL Division 4 final
Full time St. Michaels 3-12, Oldcastle 1-10,
Half time St. Michaels 2-6, Oldcastle 0-5.

A commanding and clinical first half display earned St. Michaels a battling victory over Oldcastle in this division 4 reserve league final played in ideal conditions in Pairc Tailteann on Friday evening last and in doing so Dáithi Reilly became the first captain to hold aloft the Eddie Callan memorial cup which was kindly donated to the Meath Co. Board earlier this year.
St. Michaels healthy mix of youth and experience came to the fore with the likes of captain Dáithi Reilly, Tommy Moriarty, Christopher Drew, Matthew Halpin and Adam O’Brien causing Oldcastle all sorts of problems throughout. Both sides exchanged points on the opening 4 minutes with Darren O’Connell opening the winners account. On six minutes Oran Meehan was on hand to pounce on a loose ball in the Oldcastle square and deflect it to the back of the net. Oldcastle cut the deficit to two points on eight minutes but good work between Tommy Moriarty and Ronan Cassidy saw the latter restore St. Michaels three point lead. Oldcastle fired over a further two points before a Darren O’Connell converted free on 17 minutes put his side into a 1-3 to 0-4 lead. Johnny Reilly sent over another point from open play on 21 minutes and when Oran Meehan’s shot on goal was brilliantly saved by Mark Fitzsimons, the Oldcastle net minder was helpless when Meehan latched on to the rebound and sent it low to the back of the net for his and his sides second major. Two further points from Gary Dolan and one from Oldcastle saw St. Michaels go in at the break leading 2-6 to 0-5.
The second half was more evenly contested and produced some excellent passages of play with St. Michaels just shading it on a scoreline of 1-6 to 1-5. Darren O’Connell and Matthew Halpin won their fair share of ball around the middle third and together with the ageless Tommy Moriarty having the game of his life, they pumped plenty of ball into their forward division. O’Connell and Halpin had opened the St. Michaels second half account with a point apiece, Oldcastle countered and sent over 5 points in the opening 13 minutes of the half but having taken the game to St. Michaels they were dealt a severe blow on the three quarter mark when Thomas O’Brien having just come on as a sub got on the end of a speculative lob in towards the Oldcastle goal area and he deftly nudged it past the advancing Oldcastle keeper Mark Fitzsimons for his sides third goal. That score took the wind from the Oldcastle sails and although they added a further 1-1 in the final quarter, a further 4 points from Johnny Reilly killed off the losers challenge and sealed a memorable victory for the St. Michaels lads. Ronan Cassidy, Philip Rogers, Gary Dolan, Oran Meehan and Ollie Reilly were others to put in a good evenings work.

St. Michaels team and scorers:
Paddy Flood, John Stafford, Dáithi Reilly, Ollie Reilly, Christopher Drew, Philip Rogers, Adam O’Brien, Darren O’Connell 0-3, Matthew Halpin 0-1, Tommy Moriarty, Ronan Cassidy 0-1, Lee Morris, Gary Dolan 0-2, Johnny Reilly 0-5, Oran Meehan 2-0.
Subs: Thomas O’Brien 1-0 for Lee Morris 42 minutes, Ben Tobin for Oran Meehan 55 minutes, Eddie Carolan for Gary Dolan 56 minutes, Michael Dunne for Ollie Reilly 58 minutes.
Referee: Martin Ennis
Report & photos by Pascal Reilly.



Ladies FL division 3 final.
Full time: St. Michaels 4-10, Royal Gaels 0-9.
Saturday September 13th 2014 in Skryne.
Half time: St. Michaels 3-5, Royal Gaels 0-3.

An impressive first half scoring display by St. Michaels proved to be the foundation for their deserved victory over Royal Gaels and saw them lift the division 3 league cup in sunny Skryne on Saturday evening.
St. Michaels who lost influential midfielder Megan O’Brien through an ankle injury in the opening seconds, made the ideal start when wing half back Fiona Nevin found the roof of the net in the opening minute after one of her trademark solo runs and when Alicia Curtis and Aisleen Regan added points from play things didn’t look too good for Royal Gaels who had yet to open their account and the situation could have been a lot worse but for the performance of Orlagh McLoughlin who pulled off some brilliant point blank saves in the Gaels goals. The first half was a stop start affair with a series of accidental knocks and collisions resulting in an additional 18 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half and two St. Michaels players having to attend casualty on the way home from the game. Royal Gaels broke their duck after 21 minutes with a pointed free, they added a second on the half hour mark but St. Michaels however were playing with greater purpose and their constant attacking play saw Marion Farrelly find the back of the net for her sides second goal in the 5th minute of injury time to leave it 2-3 to 0-2, Patricia Owens followed with her first point 3 minutes later and when Farrelly got her second goal, a rasper of a shot to the top corner the fear was that this was going to be a very one sided affair. Both sides exchanged a point apiece to finish the half with St. Michaels holding a commanding 3-5 to 0-3 interval lead.
Royal Gaels opened the second half with a pointed free which was immediately cancelled out by Sinéad McCormack, then up popped Marion Farrelly to complete her hat trick 4 minutes into the half, McCormack added a further point 3 minutes later to leave plenty of daylight between the teams at 4-7 to 0-5. Royal Gaels continued to work hard despite the game going against them and they enjoyed their best period possession wise in the fourth quarter registering 0-4 in a 10 minute spell, they also brought the St. Michaels keeper Lorraine Curtis into the action but she coped admirably making a couple of fine saves to keep a clean sheet. Gillian Brogan, Patricia Owens and Sinéad McCormack completed the St. Michaels scoring with a point apiece. The St. Michaels defence when tested stood their ground and Mary Clinton, Mary Carpenter, Áine Sheridan, Marita Rogers and Hayley Doyle worked tirelessly throughout to cut out the Royal Gaels attacks as did Sinéad McCormack, Fiona Nevin and Marion Farrelly who on numerous occasions were back defending their own goals. This was a great all round team effort which was expertly led by captain fantastic Aisleen Regan who was on a mission to bring the cup back to north Meath and when presented with it at the end of the match by Meath Ladies fixtures secretary Barry Leahy she paid tribute to Laura Yore RIP who was a member of the last St. Michaels team to lift the league cup back in 2007.

St. Michaels:
Lorraine Curtis, Marita Rogers, Mary Clinton, Mary Carpenter, Áine Sheridan, Hayley Doyle, Fiona Nevin 1-1, Sinéad McCormack 0-3, Megan O’Brien, Marion Farrelly 3-0, Aisleen Regan 0-2, Gillian Brogan 0-1, Alicia Curtis 0-1, Patricia Owens 0-2 Erin McGrane.
Gillian Curtis for Megan O’Brien 1 minute, Lauren Doyle for Erin McGrane 46 minutes, Rebecca Lynch for Gillian Curtis 48 minutes, Sharon Mooney for Hayley Doyle 55 minutes, Suzanne Reilly for Gillian Brogan 57 minutes.
Referee: Noel Hand.
Report & photos by: Pascal Reilly.



Thursday September 10th 2015.
U-14 Boys Cup, division 6 final, ( 13 a side ).
Played in Rathcairn
Full time: St. Michaels 3-11, Longwood / Clonard 1-5,
Half time: St. Michaels 1-7 Longwood / Clonard 1-4

A powerful second half display propelled St. Michaels to a memorable U-14 division 6 Cup final win over Longwood / Clonard in Rathcairn on Thursday evening. The winners took the opening 10 minutes to settle and allowed their opponents take a 3 point lead however, thereafter there was never going to be any doubt, led by their two mid-fielders Corey Blake and Daniel Murphy, they won everything that came their way and gave endless supply to their forward division. All but one of the St. Michaels scores came from open play and their back division of Brian Reilly, Justin McPhillips, Cian Curran, Brian O’Reilly and Jack Dunne held the Longwood -Clonard combination to just one second half point. Longwood / Clonard were first on the scoreboard with the opening 3 points, Conor Gaffney opened the St. Michaels account with a point after 10 minutes, Cian McFadden followed up with a well taken goal a minute later, however Longwood / Clonard regained possession and a quick move up-field resulted in an unstoppable shot past Wayne Brennan in the St. Michaels goals to put the combination side one point to the good at 1-3 to 1-2 at the end of the first quarter. A point apiece from Daniel Murphy and Conor Gaffney had the winners back in front, it was all square again on 22 minutes when Longwood / Clonard fired over their final point of the half but three more points before the short whistle from Brian Reilly, Gaffney and Blake left St. Michaels with a three point half time advantage 1-7 to 1-4. An explosive start to the second half saw Josh Goslin after good support play from Dalton McCabe raise a green flag and then a white one inside the opening 4 minutes to leave it double scores, 2-8 to 1-4, Cory Blake followed up with his sides third goal and Andrew Allen 0-2 and Cian McFadden 0-1 split the posts to complete the scoring for St. Michaels.
Team captain Brian Reilly received the cup from Aidan Quinn, PRO of Meath Coiste na nOg.

St. Michaels team and scorers:
Wayne Brennan, Justin McPhillips, Brian O’Reilly, Cian Curran, Brian Reilly 0-1, Jack Dunne, Cory Blake 1-1, Daniel Murphy 0-2, Josh Goslin 1-1, Marty Giles, Conor Gaffney 0-3, Andrew Allen 0-2, Cian McFadden 1-1 (1f).
Dalton McCabe for Marty Giles, Paddy Finnegan for Cian McFadden, Darragh Sheridan for Wayne Brennan, Ciaran Nugent for Conor Gaffney, Ben Gaffney for Josh Goslin, Gerard Walsh for Brian O’Reilly, Conor Harten for Andrew Allen, Matthew Carolan for Brian Reilly, Kevin Reilly for Cian Curran, Cian Murray for Justin McPhillips, Kaylem Murray for Jack Dunne

Report & photos by: Pascal Reilly.



Saturday May 23rd 2015
Girls U-14 FL division 2 Shield final played in Drumbaragh.

Full time: St. Michaels 5-6, Oldcastle 3-10.
Half time: St. Michaels 4-1, Oldcastle 3-5.

It was end to end stuff in Drumbaragh this afternoon when these two sides played out an action packed and exciting Shield final in what was ideal playing conditions. When these two sides last met earlier in the league back in March, Oldcastle held a 12 point winning margin at the final whistle and the action wasn’t slow in starting after the throw-in in this match with the Oldcastle girls finding the net in the first minute. St. Michaels however eventually found their feet and after 9 minutes Seona Lynch opened their account with a well taken point and by the end of the first quarter influential full forward Erin Lynch had found the back of the Oldcastle net twice putting her side into a 2-1 to 1-1 lead. Oldcastle had added their second and third goals by the 20th minute but two great individual goal efforts from the impressive Seona Lynch and Emma McDonnell left the half time score 4-1 to 3-5 in favour of Oldcastle.
The hard working Claire Halpin got in on the goal scoring act right after the re-start and although Oldcastle put in a great second half effort sending over 5 points they could not break through the strong defence of Niamh and Annie O’Reilly, Tamara Dooner, Deirbhile Curran, Rebecca Farrelly, Michelle McQuaid and Nicola Walsh for the all important goals and further points from Seona Lynch 0-3, Emma Carolan 0-1 and Erin Lynch 0-1 secured the victory for St. Michaels. This was a great team effort by St. Michaels with each player fulfilling their role on the pitch, well done girls.

St. Michaels team and scorers:
Niamh O’Reilly, Tamara Dooner, Annie O’Reilly, Deirbhile Curran, Michelle McQuaid, Rebecca Farrelly, Nicola Walsh, Claire Halpin 1-0, Emma McDonnell 1-0, Sabrina Lynch, Seona Lynch 1-4, Kiaya Doyle, Rebecca Lowry, Erin Lynch 2-1, Emma Carolan 0-1.
Lauren Carolan for Rebecca Lowry, Laura Clarke for Kiaya Doyle, Kate Sheridan for Sabrina Lynch.
Referee: Paul Mooney.
Report & photos by: Pascal Reilly.